What to Eat & Drink in Charleston, SC
We were SUPER excited to visit Charleston. Unfortunately, Hurricane Harvey hit while we were there, putting a huge black cloud over most of our time in the beautiful historic city. However, for as much time as we spent glued to our phones and the news channels, we managed to cover quite a bit of ground and still have a pretty great time while there!
Charleston is a huge food town and there are certainly unlimited options to choose from! I had quite a hefty list when we were mapping out our visit and I must say, we covered a lot of them. Also, I'm prettyyyy sure I had the best burger of my life at the Bar at Husk on our first night in Charleston. We opted to forgo the traditional route of making reservations at the resturant and went to the bar instead to grab some of the best food we had on the entire trip.
Some of our favorite places we visited while there include:
- Bar at Husk - BEST burger and Chris also said that his fried chicken was some of the best he's had. I love that the bar is it's own entire building next door and the courtyard area looked like a great spot to hang out had it not been so dang hot!
- The Darling Oyster Bar - Pretty sure we went here every day of our trip. The bar is super cute and their drinks are SO good. Great happy hour for oysters daily too!
- Leon's Oyster Shop
- The Recovery Room - Are you looking for a favorite new dive bar? Well then, look no further. We may have had a little toooo much fun at Rec Room.
- The Royal American
- The Griffon
- McCrady's Tavern - Since we opted out of dinner at Husk, we decided to get our Sean Brock fix another way by visiting McCrady's Tavern for dinner. All around it was a great experience. AND I've heard they have a great burger at the bar too, which just means we'll have to make another trip back!
- Rodney Scott's BBQ - If there was one thing we wanted to do in Charleston, it was try Carolina style BBQ and we decided to try the best of the best. If you ever visit, you must get the ribs!
- The Gin Joint
- Xiao Bao Biscuits - XBB was our final meal in Charleston and probably one of my favorites. All the plates are shareable so we ordered a good variety and were SO happy with everything we tried.
What's your favorite place to eat or drink in Charleston?